Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More power by the hour

So, I love that we have 4 seasons in Tulsa but I could live without the ice of winter already. We are home and we have power and we feel blessed for that. We aren't really sure when it came back on but Becky drove by for us yesterday afternoon and let us know that our lights were on! So we drove back after dinner last night. Brett is back at work and Avery and I have had a fairly normal day. There are definitely still places close by who are still without power- Avery had to go to the Dr. this morning and I went to get a prescription filled and the Walgreen's by us was closed.... but I know that the situation is continuously improving. We are hoping Avery will have school tomorrow but who knows?! And...the roads are ice free but trees are everywhere, it is so sad! i took a couple of pictures just around our house on Monday before we left.
Icicles just hanging from the back porch- they were hanging everywhere, really.The tree limbs that were falling behind our house towards the start of the day on Monday And here is the tree that fell through our fence before the end of the day! The ice on our new tree in the front yard just kept getting thicker! And all the trees behind the houses at the neighbors were just falling apart- we heard limbs falling every few minutes.

In addition to the joys of the weather, little Avery has been sick..and sicker than she'd been in a while. It started with just a cough but by last Tuesday afternoon she was running a fever which only got worse until late on Wednesday afternoon. She was just miserable and stuff and congested, it was awful. We did go see the Dr. and he prescribed some goods for her and they helped temporarily but in the last couple of days she has regressed so at her 2 1/2 year check up today he prescribed some more medicine. Also- Avery is in the 91% for height and the 93% for weight! She had to miss school last Thursday and she was SAD so we both got in the spirit by baking some Christmas cookies- she is quite the little helper! We've watched some movies and rested at home quite a bit lately!


Finally starting to feel better, Avery needed an after bath dance with her dad!


The good news is that I have officially finished shopping! I was quite relieved to be finished when this weather hit! AND since I am all finished, I got to do my favorite Christmas thing- WRAP presents! I love it. I sit down with all wrapping goods and do it all in one day and I enjoy every minute of it! In the past couple of years I have wrapped everything in blue and silver to match my snowman stuff on my tree but this year we bought another tree so I have my very own snowman tree in the office and then the "family" tree which is a mix of everything is in our family room; so this year I picked new colors to wrap with! It's the little things that make me happy :-)! The "family" tree complete with ALL gifts! My 1st ever snowman/snowflake only tree!
My little helper....MERRY CHRISTMAS :-)!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

So glad to hear you are safe and sound back at home. OK gets some crazy weather. So did your fence crash?
Sorry to hear Avery is sick. Bad time of year. We went to Target today and everyone there was coughing. Fingers crossed the boys are healthy.
Your tree and presents look great!!! I love wrapping too.