Tuesday, December 11, 2007

And the lights went out

Well, as many of you have probably heard the weather in Tulsa has been less than ideal for the last couple of days. I had pictures but I haven't uploaded them from my camera yet. There has been a LOT of rain coming down and its all been freezing to the trees and power lines. Fortunately, it did not freeze on the roads. I was feeling good yesterday because we were one of the few with power! BUT....at about 1:30 yesterday our power went out too. The power company is working around the clock to get it back up but there are 250,000+ people in the Tulsa area without power currently! They are saying to be prepared for it to be next WEEK before power is back up in all residiential areas SO...after much debating, the Kriegs decided to go against my Dr. orders and we loaded up and made the 2 hour drive to a warmer Bentonville. We slept in a nice HEATED house last night and had lights and TV this morning! Brett's office is also without power in Tulsa so he is working from Bob's office today and we are just taking it hour by hour to decide what we should do! Please say a prayer that our power is back soon AND more importantly that I have no pregnancy complications while we are away! Thanks friends...I have my cell phone if you need me.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Prayers are with you friend and esp with your sweet little baby girl. So crazy! Glad you have your family somewhat close. Keep us updated! Just cold and rainy in Dallas but we have power!

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for you. Hope that you are able to get back home soon. The crazy thing is Georgia is in the high 70s all week!! It's so strange.
Ashley Jansen