Thursday, January 17, 2008

A last escape

Brett made a quick trip to Dallas for the day on Sunday to help celebrate the big 3-0 with Wes and to just see the old gang...SO since I am not supposed to travel quite that far Avery & I made a quick and final escape to Arkansas to visit my parents. We had SUCH a fun trip! We relaxed, played, and of course shopped!
Avery helping Bob making Brownies


Sampling the unfinished product!

My mom saved a BUNCH of books that I used to LOVE when I was younger. Avery is just getting to the age where she can enjoy and understand the story and this trip she wanted to read stories- a LOT! It was fun for all of us to get to read with her, its rare for her to slow down that long unless its bed time!

We are in a transition phase right now- Avery doesn't need a nap everyday but on the days that she doesn't take a nap she is just WORN out by early evening. On Sunday, after a car ride and play time at Bob and Gigi's, poor Avery just couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. This is REALLY unusual for my kiddo to fall asleep and nap on the couch! It was fun for Gigi and it was cute for us to watch!

So other than books, the only toys my mom really saved were baby dolls and oh my goodness what a good thing to save. Avery loves them! So...when we go to Gigi's we PLAY BABIES. Avery even used her own "baby Bjorn" this trip- she's going to make such a good big sister!

Avery melts her Bob's heart! No matter what he is doing, if she asks- he will stop to read and play

Avery had another first today-she went to the dentist. She was amazing- she was SUCH a big girl. She was still, she did what they asked and her mom was IMPRESSED!

1 comments:

mtckincaid said...

i'm looking forward to getting my hands on those chompers!!!!