Tuesday, March 4, 2008

And we're on our own

My mom went home on Friday and I was sad and a bit scared about what was ahead for me. I had Brett for the weekend and THANK GOODNESS for that because Anna had a LONG night on Friday. I was a bit apprehensive when I woke up yesterday and realized it was just me and the girls. But I should have known that God would make it work! Despite the snow, the freezing temperatures, and the lack of food in our house- we had a really good day. Avery was an ANGEL all day and Anna slept and slept and slept! And it helped that went to the in laws for a YUMMY dinner so I didn't have to cook!!! Today was also a good day- Grandma Becky took Avery to school AND picked her up and spent some time with her this afternoon and Anna and I ran some errands that needed to get done! We even got to escape for a lunch- time alone!- with Brett. Tonight my sweet friend Jill brought dinner over and that made it another easy day for us! NOW I feel prepared for tomorrow :-)
I am trying so hard to make sure that I take lots of pics of Anna since I have always been so good about taking pics of Avery but I can already tell that I'm not doing as well! BUT its the thought that counts, right? Here's a few photos from the last week

9 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

Look how strong Anna is ... holding her head up so well! Gorgeous girls you have, friend! You make having 2 look like a breeze!

Meredith said...

I'm so excited that you updated with pics! I'm always checking to see if you have any new pics of your girls! Good luck as you get used to being on your own. I know that you'll do terrific!

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous!!!!! I can't wait to meet her in person. I miss you friend.

kinsey said...

she is so pretty ashley! they both are :-)

Leslie said...

It was so great talking to you yesterday. I can't believe you had a baby just a few weeks ago. You are doing wonderful! I hope to meet her asap. Glad Avery is adjusting so well. You might just wanna have a third!

Ashley said...

Thanks girls- I think Anna is pretty cute but I may be slightly biased :-) We are doing great today- Anna just had a bath and Avery was a super helper. Les- I'm out on 3, i'll let you do that for both of us!

Kelli said...

YAY, new pictures! I'm so glad things have gone well the last few days. I have been thinking about you. Love to you and your sweet girls!

The Christiansons said...

she is just beautiful! as for tutus-we love the babystyle ones and my mom finds random ones all the time at different childrens stores! i'll keep my eye out for a cute little one for avery!

Dunhams said...

Oh Ashley, she's beautiful and I can't believe how strong she is already! Avery seems like a great big sister too.