Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Krieg happenings

It was a fun weekend at the Krieg house! We had no plans- which we love- and we enjoyed being outside! On Saturday morning, Brett needed to study so Avery & I hit a few garage sales in the neighborhood. We were both disappointed to return home empty handed- we couldn't find a SINGLE treasure that we needed. The LPGA has a golf tournament at a country club near our house every year and Brett was DYING to go AND to take Avery so on Saturday afternoon I dropped them off while Anna and I made a Wal-Mart run. Avery actually seemed to enjoy it- although Brett said she enjoyed sitting in the shade and drinking her Sprite more than anything. We took a family trip to the new neighborhood playground after golf and even Anna got it on the fun :-)! She seemed to really enjoy the swing, although she got sleepy pretty quickly.




On Sunday, Brett had to study again so the girls and I went and did some Mother's Day shopping for their fabulous grandmas. It was actually a fun outing, I was very pleasantly surprised. I had the girls in their matching organic cotton shirts...Jenny convinced me I needed them one day and they are pretty cute :-) We have been singing You are my Sunshine to Avery since the day she arrived so the shirts are pretty appropriate! After shopping, Avery was insistent that she needed to go to the neighbors house for some playtime so we walked over there for a little while. Allie is just a few months older than Avery and this is the first time they really have played much together. They were pretty silly but they had fun and burned off LOTS of energy!



Brett had to make a day trip to Houston on Monday which meant that he had to miss Soccer. I know this may surprise many of you but I wasn't all that thrilled about being the parent in the parent child soccer class- I was worried the 2 year olds would laugh at my lack of coordination. Just kidding..sort of. BUT PaPa saved the day and he played with Avery! She did great- and so did he! As always, she had fun with Maddox AND with Macie Drue!
I can't believe it but next week is Avery's last week of school for the year. I'm SAD and I know she will be! Yesterday was the mommy's tea- it was super cute. They kids sang us a sweet song, gave us a little present and then we had punch and cookies. Avery was very relieved because earlier when I had asked her if she was excited about the tea she told me, "No, I don't like tea."


Avery- preparing to serenade me

Avery and her buddy, Mitch. (We recently discovered that Mitch's mom, Emily, went to elementary school with Brett. Tulsa is a small world kind of place :-)!Avery and Sam- they didn't want to stand still for a good picture!Avery LOVES the "big" girls in the 4 year old class...its kind of funny. She insisted we needed to go say hi so here she is with Addisyn and Reese. And as for Miss Anna- she's great. She has been laughing- but only for her mommy-and I LOVE it. She is becoming quite playful and she makes me HAPPY. We are working on our nights right now- she has a definite routine of deciding that no matter what time she eats or goes to sleep- 6 hours after eating for the last time at night she is going to wake up. I did a little research and decided it was time to get drastic to switch up her routine. I never did this with Avery- she just slept on her own but it was time to let Anna cry. It sucks. I hate it. Last night was our 2ND night and I would love to quit-but not yet. I'm committed through the weekend...then we'll reevaluate. And let's face it- Anna still loves me AND she's still a happy girl- she's also a sleepy one this morning!


Ready for a walk outside with dad


This morning- Anna and I have already had fun playtime!And now she's already in her crib and down for an AM nap!


5 comments:

Dunhams said...

Good luck with the crying out! It's so hard, but you'll be so happy with more sleep...although 6 hours is pretty impressive already! Anna seems like a great little baby :)

Meredith said...

OMGoodness Ashley!!! Avery looks exactly like a mini-you in the picture where she's about to serenade you!!! I can't believe how big both girls are getting! Good luck with the sleeping - I know you'll be successful!!

Leslie said...

Love the update and pictures. I always feel like I was there in the way you describe everything. Wish I were though! Hope to see you soon.

Brooke said...

Sweet girls! Good for Larry for steeping up as a superstar Grandpa!! You go with your bad self! Let me know how crying it out goes. I know it's so hard for mommy and daddy.

Mandy said...

I can't believe how big Avery is! I need to see you soon!! I am so sad it's been sooo freaking long.