Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My little slice of Heaven

I don't know what it is about being at my parents house but it is truly a great escape for me. I am sure having my mom (and dad!) there to help with everything doesn't hurt but I swear its more than that!!! Who would've thought that Bentonville, AR could be such a vacation spot? As most of you know- relaxing isn't something I do that well and typically where I go, the anxiety goes with me. ..but the peace that my parents' house and backyard bring to me is always a good refresher for this worn out mom!! The girls had a great visit with Bob and Gigi- they both absolutely loved the pool- it is just about the cutest thing ever. The weather was great- we had some sun, some rain and even a beautiful day to go to the park! No matter how long I'm there it goes by too fast but I was ready to come home and see my husband.
Avery and Ariel

Anna's first trip to the park- at least the first trip where she's awake!

Anna, watching her big sister swing high!

Avery the mountain climberWalking on the "balance beam"Avery performing for her Great GrandpaKatie (my cousin) and Anna meeting for 1st timeWorn out after a fun week at Gigi's

* On a different note, I finally got all of the proofs back from the girls' pictures! I don't want to post everything here but if you want to see them, email me and I'd be happy to give you the info

1 comments:

Michelle Hausz said...

So cute! I agree about the rest time. We're at my parents now and boy is it a reboot. So glad you are having fun!