Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas


What a Christmas! I think this may be my favorite Christmas season that I can remember! It was almost perfect...we started off sick but got healthy and Brett had to work way more than I would've liked but I can't think of anything else I would've changed. Both of the girls enjoyed the festivities from start to finish...decorating, baking, looking at lights, shopping for presents, opening presents but mostly they enjoyed being together with both sides or our completely amazing family. I love my girls and know that they were just spoiled rotten this Christmas by everyone...but so was I, so who am I to complain, right? Santa came to our house on Christmas Eve and we started about 7 am on Christmas morning- Avery woke up before Anna so she got to see what Santa brought her and we got a few minutes alone with her. Then Annie woke up and we raced up the stairs to get her for her first Christmas morning. After we finished up..we left, mess and all, and headed to Larry and Becky's for our Krieg family Christmas. Then Friday we headed to Arkansas and did Christmas with the Walkers on Saturday morning! It was crazy, busy and TOO FUN!!!

Avery seeing her dollhouse from Santa!
Waking up for her very first Christmas!Anna seeing her new toy from Santa!Presents from mom and dad too- wow!Anna was of course way more interested in the paper than the presents but whatever, she was happy!Avery really just wanted to play dollhouseAt Grandmas- Gage transformed into a star trooper (or was it storm trooper, I have no idea)Anna in her new chair from PaPa and Grandma!Brett and Dylan rocking out on Guitar Hero. Also- I played for the first time and I'm hooked. Don't worry, we bought a PS2 on Craig's list and Guitar hero on eBay...should be here any day now :-)Even Larry and Becky gave those guitars a try!!!Moving on to Gigi and Bob's....Avery got the car for her dollhouse and she was THRILLED.AHH and the BEST and BIGGEST surprise of all...I GOT AN IPHONE. I have been relentless in my begging- thanks mom and dad!!!Anna got a new walker and she loves loves loves it! And finally the last gift of Christmas 2008- Avery's Barbie jeep from bob and Gigi. Her driving skills leave something to be desired but we're getting there!

Thanks family for the best Christmas and for being so generous, wonderful, and fun to be around! We love you and look forward to MANY more Christmases together!!!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

What a fun time! Super exciting about your iphone! You didn't tell me you were talking on it the other day!
Can't wait to hear how it went with Anna tomorrow.

Mandy said...

Precious family pics! I miss you! Let me know how tomorrow goes...praying for all of you.

Kelsey Bakalar said...

I don't know how you balance all the travel, Ash! What an amazing holiday. Lola got the same stroller walker that Anna did! :) Praying for your family!

Dunhams said...

What a great Christmas! The girls look like they had the best time :)