Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Girls are Growing up...

and I'm super sappy and emotional about it!!!!! I think the big 3-0 on the horizon is messing with me, seriously. Anna is just a couple weeks away from the big 0-1, which I can't believe and we decided to turn her car seat around today. I know, I know its a little early but she is quite obviously over the weight requirement and she is very advanced for her age, after all :-) AND...most importantly at our house, if Anna is happy the rest of us are much happier!!!!! She didn't really know what to think about the whole thing on her first ride but I liked being able to see her!

For her first big car trip I took the girls to the park on this warm Saturday afternoon while Brett was on the golf course. It was SO fun! Anna is mobile enough now that she really enjoyed it and Avery ALWAYS enjoys a good park trip- in fact she enjoys it so much that it is quite difficult to get a picture of her when we are there!

And on the agenda for tonight- Avery was invited to go to the Tulsa Ballet's performance of Cinderella with her friend Allie. The girls put on dresses and Avery even let me hot roll her hair- which if you know Avery, you know that's a fancy big deal. She looked so cute and she was so excited! And I feel good knowing the tickets were free so when the girls melt down no one will be upset about having to leave! I did manage to get a nice long late nap out of Avery so hopefully when 10:30 rolls around she isn't horribly unpleasant to be around....but we'll see how it goes. I'm just hoping to be able to stay awake until she gets here! For now, Brett and I are ready to sit down, eat dinner alone..and cheer on the Baylor Bears.

Anna had a cookie while I was rolling Avery's hair- she wasn't sure what was going on but she was sure she wanted NO part of it.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

How fun! Avery's first "big girl" night on the town! LOVE IT!

Dunhams said...

Such cute pictures! I love that Avery got to go out for a girls' night already! PS I love that book shelf thing you added to your blog...I was just getting ready to buy some new books on Amazon and you gave me lots of good ideas...we seem to have very similar tastes in books :) Thanks for the help!

Jill White said...

We turned Leah's car seat around this week too! You can tell that she really thinks she's part of the crew now.

Kelli said...

Such pretty girls! And Anna is a mini-you...it's amazing!

What a fun night for little miss Avery!