Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Playdates & Parties

I'm a bit behind on posting- summer does that to me. We have been BUSY and doing so many fun things but I never seem to have my camera with me. So, here's the best I can do! My friend, Emily & her husband, Jamie, just bought a fun house in "Mid-town" that they will be fixing up. I think she's insane BUT it is going to be SO SUPER fabulous when they are finished. I love it already I just can't imagine how great it will be in a month. I'm also glad its them and not me :-) We all met over there so we could check out their new digs and then we headed to Andy B's to bowl with the kids.

Jamie and Emily's new project..and home
Mitch, in his VERY cool tree in the backyardAddisyn and Avery and their PINK bowling balls, of courseThe crew.... minus CamdynBrett & I had a BBQ at our house on Friday this past weekend because we had lots of friends coming to town. It was really good to see everyone, although as the host I have a hard time getting to TALK as much as I want to. (Surprise, surprise, right?) Anyway...I also didn't get very many good pics...and by that i mean I got 2.
Em and I drinking our new favorite drink...pink panties :-)!
My 1st attempt at making cake balls...quite festive, don't you think?! Saturday, the 4th, was Macie Drue's and Maddox's family b-day celebration. As always, Jenny outdid herself with their pirate/princess themed party. The girls had wands, crowns & beads and the boys had swords, patches and hats....and the kids loved every minute of it! We ate BBQ, shot some fireworks (or watched in our case), and I got to spend LOTS of time holding sweet Baby Nora which was VERY high on my priority list. Unfortunately I have no pics of Nora to share but I KNOW that Brooke and Jenny got some so I'm hoping they'll share with me soon!

Avery & Maddox showing off their tattoos

Princess Anna Cate

Wes and Wyatt trying out Wyatt's pirate sword Macie Drue about to dive into her presents!
Her new swim baby from us, I think it was a hit!
Maddox opened his new Leapster from us, I think he liked it too!!!Trying to blow out those candles was HARD work! Eating cupcakes...not so hard
The Tulsa Dunhams!

6 comments:

Dunhams said...

So great to see you guys!! That picture of the cake balls seriously just made me hungry :)

Brooke said...

We had so much fun with you guys this weekend. Just so sad it's over. Those "pink panties" were so awesome! I really need to get the recipe for when I start officially drinking again. :o)

Mandy said...

Pink panties huh??? Bring that with you when you come in a few weeks! YAY!! Love the pics. Miss you friend.

Kelsey Bakalar said...

Finally! I've been waiting for new pics! Looks like you guys are doing great, which I'm glad to know. Now I don't have to wonder if you're still alive??!! ;)

Jen said...

Funny, I just had cake balls for the first time on the 4th! They were amazingly yummy, but they were just vanilla and now I am dying to try chocolate ones. Yours look so yummy!!

What a fun family/friends gathering you had! Love the pics!

Leslie said...

hate the name - but need to know what pink panties are? and yes bring that recipe to dallas!!! girls weekend - with kids of course! :)