Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cousins...and 2nd Cousins....

The girls and I went to Arkansas last weekend to see my mom, my Aunt Sandy and Amy (my cousin) and her girls. We had SO much fun! The weather could not have been more perfect- we spent our mornings at the park and our afternoons in the pool....ahhh, paradise!

Mia, Avery & Georgia swimming in the "hot pool"
Taking a snack break

My aunt had the great idea to bury treasure in the sand and let the girls hunt....
Even Anna wanted in on the action
They did some digging and found rings, coins and necklaces
Anna was "Wowed" by her rings
Another snack break
SO....if you are still reading then you MUST be a reader, right? Brett & I have booked our vacation and I'm in need of book recommendations for our trip.....Suggestions, friends? Comment away and let me know some must reads!!!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

hey girl! Wow, Anna looks like a "mini me" of you in that one picture! So fun for you and Brett! You know I'm a reader so I've always got suggestions!
1. Ok so I'm currently reading the Twilight series and if you haven't read them, that's my top pick! Although make sure you take all 4!!!

2. Some of my other favorite books are the ones by Emily Giffin- there are 3 in her series books- Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and can't remember the third.

3. A Christian series that I've just started and really like are the books by Karen Kingsbury- the Baxter series- the 1st is called Redemption.

4. Finally if you're in the mood for murder/suspense, I like the books by Harlan Coben.

Let me know what you decide to pick and I'll also be thinking of more suggestions! Also can't wait to read other people's book recommendations!!!

Wish we could see y'all soon!!! When's your next Dallas trip??

The Chandler Clan said...

I love the Karen Kingsbury series, it's a good read.

Kelsey Bakalar said...

Your girls are looking so grown up, Ash! I'm in the middle of The Shack. If you haven't, it's excellent. My favorite book of last year was The Other Boleyn Girl. Love and hugs!

Leslie said...

when and where are you two going? we need a vacation so much!!! i'm proud of you for doing that! i just borrowed The Help from my mom. I don't know much about it but i heard it's good. i can't wait to see you! still coming to dallas right? and wow is anna's hair blonde!! so cute.

Brooke said...

Sorry, haven't read anything since the FABULOUS Twilight Series other than the Dr. Sears Baby Sleep book! :o)

Unknown said...

So fun that you are going on vacation....okay so I just finished My Sisters Keeper and yes it is a bit of a tear jerker in some parts but seriously one of my favorite books of all time. I am about to start the twilight series and from what I hear it is incredible.