Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick Or Treat!

Avery is at such a fun age! I know I have said this before but just about every stage is my favorite. She is constantly entertaining Brett & I with her singing, dancing, talking and her excitement. We are really learning what it means to see things "through a child's eyes."


I have been looking forward to Halloween for a while now- and as my family will tell you, I have a history of building up expectations for holidays that can not possibly be met and then experiencing a let down when its over. Well I'm happy to report that Halloween DID NOT DISAPPOINT! Avery was excited from the time she woke up until the time she went to bed- which was close to midnight I might add. Avery woke up and ate her normal "morning snack" and then we had Bible study in the morning- which is just always a good way to get our day started. We had girls lunch with grandma and played at home- followed by a long afternoon nap. When Avery woke up the first thing she said was, "I need my costume." SO after trying unsuccessfully to get her to eat some dinner we got ready to begin the fun!
Brett & I took turns trick or treating with Avery so someone could be her to greet the other kids. Avery was a bit tentative- at the FIRST house- and then she couldn't get enough. After her first stops, she even had to stop to see what she could find in her bucket!

We were surprised at how few kids were out early, before dark. It was kind of sad! But we were excited when we saw our friend, Conner- dressed as Captain Hook- getting ready for his night of fun. Avery was pretty happy to see him and immediately started unloading candy from her bucket to his because his was empty. Then when we got back home, she started giving some to the scarecrow on our front porch- she's so generous :-)!

After a little trick or treating in our neighborhood we headed a couples miles over to visit Avery's buddy, Maddox. They were really excited to see each other and SO cute together, as always. However, they were EXTREMELY uncooperative for standing still picture taking so we had to settle for pics of them playing! I also got a cute one of Maddox's little sister, Macie Drue, she's one of the cutest things- EVER!


We ended our night at one of Avery's favorite places- PaPa and Grandma's house. She was excited to see them- and I'm pretty sure they were happy to see her as well. It was fun to examine Avery's treats, play some play dough, play in the play room AND even take a bath! IT took a while for the sugar to wear off when we got home but that will hopefully just mean a good nap for both of us this afternoon. Happy day after Halloween to everyone- enjoy the candy!



3 comments:

Meredith said...

What a cute little ballerina! I'm so excited for all the future Halloweens too! Think about how different it will be for you guys next year - 2 sweet, precious little girls!

Kelli said...

It looks like y'all had a wonderful night! Avery is a perfect little ballerina. Your pictures are always so fun to look at!

The Chandler Clan said...

Hey Ashley and Brett,
How sweet is Avery! and congrats on baby #2, 2 girls are tons of fun. I came across your blog from someone else's; it's fun to see what's up with your family.
We have a blog (but it's private) send me an e-mail ctchand@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite.
Traci Chandler