Monday, November 12, 2007

The girls' rooms

Well we have been working on getting our upstairs a bit more functional and a bit more finished over the last month or so. We have rearranged furniture, bought MORE baskets for storage, and the most fun part- worked on the girls' rooms! A couple of you had asked what the nursery was going to look like so now that it is finally taking shape I thought I'd post a few pics of it and of Avery's big girl room! i have enjoyed all the projects but I think Bret is about ready for me to be finished with all of it! Any suggestions you have are welcome :-)! Avery's big girl bed
Her big girl furniture and her great table and chairs!
Her bookcase
The sweet prayer picture I found on eBay, I loved it!

the baby's room isn't quite as complete- but I've got lots of time and its getting closer everyday! i just need a few more details, and I'm not even sure what they are at this point. I am excited about her bedding- its really soft and sweet. The red glider isn't a perfect fit but i decided there was just enough red in the bedding that I could get away without paying to have it recovered!
The "big picture" in the baby's room A view from another angleher new Sisters frame!
My favorite part..the rocking corner, I can't wait!

Other than my mini projects, our life seems to have slowed down-if only a little bit. We had fairly low key weekend. Brett went to Norman with Ashley Webb on Saturday to watch Baylor get beat so Avery and I spent the evening with Brett's mom and her family. Its always fun to see Avery with her great grandparents :-) She really enjoyed them and I'm pretty sure they got a kick out of her! Avery also got another haircut- I put a picture just because I can't believe how long her was or how fast it grows! I go to the Doctor again on Thursday- it has been almost 5 weeks so I'm ready for another update. I am feeling her move more all the time and yes, I am starting to show more all the time as well. i am SO excited for her to get here and to see not only how different (or alike!) she looks from Avery but how their little personalities will compare!

Avery, being silly and pretending its her birthday with the restaurant ad on Friday night
A quick trim on Saturday morning

5 comments:

Kelli said...

LOVE the girls' rooms!! So precious!

The Christiansons said...

so cute! (of course!) :)

Julie said...

Love both the rooms!!! So fun!

Meredith said...

Both of the rooms are just precious! I bet you're staying busy with your projects!

Leslie said...

I'm very impressed that you did both rooms. You've got the pink and purple thing down my friend. Hope to see you before she (name?) gets here.