Thursday, April 10, 2008

She must be my daughter

Anyone has talked to me in the last several months knows that I have been trying hard to get Avery potty trained. I have been ridiculously stressed about it and how to make it happen because she was scared to do it and yet I knew she COULD do it. Brett kept telling her that she has to start using the big girl potty in April so last week I forced the issue yet again. It was a beat down in every way. I was mad at her, she was mad at me and we were getting no where. And then came Saturday; daddy was home and apparently that's all it took. On Saturday morning Avery woke up and sometime before lunch we had our first success. Since then she has had less then 3 accidents (during the day and not counting nap) and most of those are more my fault than hers. I am THRILLED and I am SO proud of her, as usual. I guess it just had to be her idea...she must be my kid.
On another note, maybe she's not quite as much like me as I'd like to think. She is actually semi-athletic. She is really enjoying her soccer class that she is doing with her daddy. Last week they got their "uniform"....too cute.


Here's a pic of Avery and Maddox at class this week:
They worked hard and they were both SO hot! Avery needed to "air out" her feet after class


And the little one...
Anna Cate is growing up already. I truly can't believe that she is already over 7 weeks old. My how time flies, even when you are exhausted! She is having some reflux issues- more so than Avery did. Poor baby just spits up and or has gas just about all the time, I feel so sorry for her! BUT she is becoming more alert and trying hard to entertain herself. She just REALLY loves to be held and most of the time I can't resist. We had a couple of great nights this week- almost 8 hour stretches but then last night we were back to every 2 hours and that's hard! But Gigi is here this week so at least I have an abundance of good helpers :-) Just wanted to share a couple pics of my little peanut.





1 comments:

Kelli said...

Yay! Go Avery!!